< 1 hour
A Little Messy
Materials or Fees
Take 3-5 pages of construction paper, stack, and fold in the middle, stapling along the spine.
Question and Wonder:
- What do you observe in the sky?
- Do clouds stay in the same place? How do they move?
- What about the moon and the stars?
- Are your observations different between day and night?
- What patterns do you notice?
- How do you think those will change over the year?
Imagine and Design:
- What would you like to track about the sky in your Sky Journal?
- How can you show the movement you see?
- Imagine how you want to capture changes in the sky. Maybe it is a drawing, a chart or a story.
Test and Discuss:
- Test creating a Venn diagram of your sky observations. https://www.verywellfamily.com/what-is-a-venn-diagram-620971
- Discuss your observations with a family member. How do you think your observations might compare with those of someone living in South America?
- What of you were on the moon? How would your sky observations change?
Did you Know?
Did you know that there are scientists that study space? They are called astronomers. What interests you about outer space? Start your star explorations here!Print Instructions