A Little Messy
Materials or Fees
Note: Right now we can’t visit the zoo in person, but this link gives you access to live cams at zoos and rescues all over the world: https://parade.com/1015445/rachelweingarten/best-animal-live-cams/
Question and Wonder:
- Do you think the animals will be in the same spot when you come back?
- Why might they like to move around?
- Do you like to move around in your home or stay in one place? Why?
Imagine and Design:
- Imagine where the animals live in the wild. Imagine where they would go and what they would do each day.
- How do they find food? Shelter?
Test and Discuss:
- Were the animals in the same spot?
- Did you see a different animal? Discuss why a rotational exhibit is enriching for the animals.
- Why might an animal like to be in a different spot each day? Do you like to go new places or try new things?
Did you know?
Did you know that the Louisville Zoo made the first ever rotational exhibit? It is good for the animals to be in different spaces each day. Additionally, it is good enrichment for them to experience different scents and exhibits to keep their minds active and exploring.Print Instructions