< 1 hour
A Little Messy
Materials or Fees
Question and Wonder:
- Why does smiling make you feel better?
- How is smiling a superpower?
- Can smiling at someone change the way you feel? How? How they feel? Why?
- How many ways are there to smile at someone?
- If everybody smiled everyday, would it make the world a happier place? Why do you think that?
- What makes you smile?
- Do you think the same things will make someone else smile? Why?
- If you smile at yourself in the mirror, does it make you smile more?
Imagine and Design:
- What are all the ways you can share a smile with someone?
- What will you do?
- How will you do it?
- Where will you go?
- What effect do you think it will have on your neighborhood?
Go test out your ideas! Make smiling your superpower!!!
Test and Discuss:
- What happened when you made someone smile? How did it feel?
- Do you think they took that smile and shared it with someone else?
- How far do you think a smile can travel?
- Take a picture of your smiling face and post it on Instagram, Facebook, or other social media site. Be sure to tag My Big Little Adventure! Let’s flood the internet with smiles! (Make sure to ask a parent or caregiver before going on any social media or other websites)
Did you Know?
The physical act of smiling activates neural messaging in your brain. It actually makes your brain release chemicals like dopamine and serotonin that improve your mood and make you feel happier. Smiling at your baby, tells your baby all is right with their world and makes them feel safe and secure. Smiling is a superpower!
Parents, here’s a great article about smiling from Forbes magazine….it’s good for everyone! https://www.forbes.com/sites/ericsavitz/2011/03/22/the-untapped-power-of-smiling/#112ffb9b7a67Print Instructions