< 1 hour
A Little Messy
Materials or Fees
Question and Wonder:
- Is what you see from your window looking out the same from outside looking in? What changes?
- How does where you are standing change what you see?
- What if you lie down? Stand on your head? Peek through your fingers?
- Take pictures of your house from lots of different vantage points – standing sitting, crouching, upside down, close, far away. Do the same looking down your street at your neighbors’ homes.
Imagine and Design:
- Compare the images you took. What do you notice about them?
- How can you tell where you were when you took the picture? What position you were in?
- What other ways can you change your point of view?
Test and Discuss:
- When others take pictures from the same spot, do you think they will capture the same things you did? How will their pictures differ? Be the same?
- Is there anything you noticed in your photos that you never noticed before? Talk about it. Why do you think you ever saw it before?
- Play with the arrangement of your images. How does each arrangement change the look?
Did You Know?
Children are naturally curious and photography is a great way to explore that curiosity. Follow the link below for some ideas on how to get started.