A Little Messy
Materials or Fees
Until you can visit in person, here is a link to the website: https://locustgrove.org/
What to Expect:
Locust Grove is a public park, so visitors are welcome to explore the grounds during regular park hours.
- Museum hours: Monday-Saturday 10am-4:30pm, Sunday 1pm-4:30pm
- Admission fees: The grounds are FREE. Admission for museum and tours: $9 adults, $8 seniors, $4 children 6-12 years
- Location: 561 Blankenbaker Lane, Louisville, KY 40207
Question and Wonder:
- Who passed through here once upon a time? Why do we still talk about these people now?
- Why do you think the house is so large? How many people do you think lived there, and how did they use the rooms?
Discussion and Conversations:
- What do you notice about the way the land is shaped? What are some possible ways they might have used the land or the stream?
- How does your family use the rooms of your home? Are there certain rooms that have certain functions? How did you all determine what each room was to be used for?