A Little Messy
Materials or Fees
What to Expect:
- 12pm – Ice skating rink opens
- 4pm – Santa’s workshop
- 6:30pm – Lots of Lights Parade
- 8:00pm – Light Up Moment
- 8:30pm – Pictures with Santa
- Admission: Free and open to the public; Ice skating rink: $12/person for 60-minute skate session; includes skate rentals.
- Location: Go to https://louisvilleky.gov/government/city-events/light-louisville to find all workshop, parade and event locations.
Question and Wonder:
- I wonder why lights are a part of holiday traditions?
- Where did that tradition begin?
- What did they use before there was electricity? How would that change how the lights look?
- Can you still the lights in the daytime? Why?
Discussion and Conversations:
- Discuss with your child what they notice and see. Encourage them to describe to you what they are seeing, hearing, thinking and feeling as they participate in the many events surrounding Light up Louisville.
- How do you decorate your home for the holidays?
- Why do you decorate with the things you do?
- Does each decoration have a story? Where did they come from?
- How can you make your own decorations?