< 1 hour
A Little Messy
Materials or Fees
Question and Wonder:
- What are some of your favorite things?
- Why do you like them so much?
- Is it hard to share something that is special to you? Why?
- When you share, is it always a thing? Can it be a feeling?
Imagine and Design:
- How can you share good feelings with someone?
- What are ways you can share your favorite things with others?
- Why do think sharing is a good thing?
- How do you feel when someone shares something special with you?
- What ways can you share that?
Take a pipe cleaner or piece of string big enough to fit around your wrist. Make sure it is long enough for you to wear comfortably when it is completed.
Make your beads (cut straws into smaller lengths, toss pasta in food coloring and dry)
Put your created beads in a bowl with some other beads and buttons.
Whenever you share something with someone else, add a bead to your bracelet. The more you share, the prettier your bracelet will be.
Test and Discuss:
- How long do you think it will take to fill your bracelet with beads?
- When you add a bead to your bracelet, how do you feel?
- How did it make the other person feel when you shared with them?
- What was the hardest thing to share? Why?
Did you Know?
Sharing is a vital life skill. It’s something toddlers and children need to learn so they can make and keep friends, and play cooperatively. … Sharing teaches children about compromise and fairness. They learn that if we give a little to others, we can get some of what we want as well.Print Instructions