A Little Messy
Materials or Fees
The Muhammad Ali Center is a multicultural center with an award-winning museum dedicated to the life and legacy of Muhammad Ali. The Center’s museum captures the inspiration derived from the story of Muhammad Ali’s incredible life and the six core principles that have fueled his journey.
What to Expect:
- Hours: 12:00-5:00pm, Monday closed with exception noted below, Tuesday-Saturday 12:00-5:30pm
- Open on: Martin Luther King, Jr Day, Kentucky Derby Day (first Saturday in May, open 9:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.)
- Admission: $14 Adults, $13 Seniors (65+), $10 Military, $10 Students with ID, $9 Children (6-12)
- Location: 144 N. Sixth Street, Louisville, KY 40202
- Here’s a link to the website to help plan your visit: https://alicenter.org/
Question and Wonder:
- Who is Mohammad Ali?
- Why does he have a center?
- What do you think you will find there?
- What did Ali stand for that makes him so important to so many people?
- What do I stand for?
Discussion and Conversations:
- Talk about the core principals in Ali’s life? How do they relate to your life?
- Do you think you would have like to know Ali?
- If you could ask him a question, what would it be?
- If you had a center about your life, what would it be like?
- Mohammad Ali used his fame to inspire others to pursue greatness in their lives. How will you become great?
- Does being great mean you have to be famous? Why?
- How will your life inspire the people around you?
Did you Know?
Kentucky Center for African American Heritage: https://kcaah.org/.
For other place in and around Louisville where you can explore African American history and culture check out this website: https://www.soulofamerica.com/us-cities/louisville/Print Instructions