< 1 hour
A Little Messy
Materials or Fees
Question and Wonder:
- Where do you think your home uses the most energy? Why do you think that?
- What are some clues to energy being used?
Imagine and Design:
- Create a list of the places in your home that you think use energy.
- With your camera, go around to the places on your list and capture what you observe. Maybe it is a leaky faucet, or warm sunlight coming through a window.
Test and Discuss:
- Go through your pictures of items you captured in your home that use energy.
- What could you do or test to reduce that energy usage? Maybe you put an empty container to capture the water that drips from the faucet or hang a curtain to block the warm sunlight coming in.
Did you Know?
Have too many Electricity Vampires in your home? Ask your school to call Captain Current and The Electricity Vampires to learn more about how to rid of these electrifying pests! https://kysciencecenter.org/science-travels-to-you/assembly-programs/Print Instructions