< 1 hour
A Little Messy
Materials or Fees
Question and Wonder:
- Friends, family and neighbors all have different colored eyes; does that mean we all see different colors?
- If an animal has a different shaped eye, does that change the shapes they see?
- How do you look to an animal at the zoo? Why would you look different?
Imagine and Design:
- Where could you go as a family to find as many different types of colors and shapes of eyes? Maybe the zoo or a local park?
- Using a blank piece of paper and a ruler, create a bingo grid. Draw or write the types of eyes you imagine you will see in the squares.
- As you explore your destination, use a stamp to indicate every time you find that type of eye.
Test and Discuss:
- How many different types of eyes did you discover? Were there any that surprised you or left you asking questions?
- Research the different eyes you found today and learn more about the animals they belong to.