< 1 hour
A Little Messy
Materials or Fees
Until you can visit in person, check out their website: https://www.cranehouse.org/
What to Expect:
Learning about the people and lands of Asia, and exchanging cultural information.
- Hours: Tuesday – Friday 9:30a – 4:30p, Closed on Mondays and weekends
- Admission fees: Free
- Location: 1244 S. Third St., Louisville, KY 40203
Question and Wonder:
- On a rainy day, what are your “go-to” hobbies or crafts? Do you think kids around the world do the same things? Explore Asian cultures at Crane House and create a list of ways other kids entertain themselves in another part of the world.
Discussion and Conversations:
- By looking around at what is on display, how would you describe Asian culture? What is similar to your culture and what is different?
- Did you notice anything that intrigued you or made you want to learn more about it?
- Was there anything you noticed at the institute that you would like to try at home? Maybe stamps, pottery or painting?
- On the Asia Institutes website, find some at-home projects to get you started. http://www.cranehouse.org/at-home-projects